There are some things you can do to keep pests out of your home and then you won't need to call Peconic Pest Control.
- Seal or cover trash cans tightly.
- Don’t allow trash, food, decaying wood, or other materials to remain on or in your property.
- Don’t accumulate debris or trash.
- Stack your firewood off the ground.
- Cut back shrubs, limbs, and vines that may overhang or touch your property.
- Gaps that are larger than 1.4 inches should be sealed.
- To seal possible pest entry points, weatherize your home.
- Check overlapping roof areas for holes and gaps.
- Check for and remove any structural damage, like moisture-damaged wood. This damage can also cause weak spots in your roof, allowing animals to enter. Repair damaged screens and windows.
- Clean your gutters regularly.
- Check your storage areas for rodents.
- Move your stored items regularly and seal your boxes in plastic bags.
- Keep food preparation areas clean of grease and crumbs, and promptly store all foods.
- Pests may eat paper grocery bags, cabinet papers or liners, or even wallpaper. Check these areas for infestations often.
- Check furniture, paper, boxes, and other items for pests when they are brought into your home.
- Seal areas with cables, pipes, and wires, as the holes in soffits and walls, are easy access areas.
- Hardware cloth, which is ¼ inch wire mesh, should be installed on the roof, crawl space vents, and attic to prevent bats, rodents, birds, squirrels, and other wildlife from entering the building.
If these prevention tips do not work, please contact a customer service representative at Peconic Pest Control, and we will send our professional technicians to your home or business. Our technicians will inspect the problem, fix it, and give you advice on how to avoid these issues in the future.
There comes a time, though, when you have to know when you're beat. When that happens, you have to call pest experts like the ones at Peconic Pest Control. There are some pests that can't beat with home remedies and, if the infestation is too big, you need more firepower and experience than you have. Contact us today for an inspection and more tips on what you can do to prevent pests from taking over your home.